Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology popularly known as SMIT was born with the basic objective of strengthening the close link of education to skill development and the making the youth of Sikkim educated, skilled and employable, giving them the capacity to harness diverse opportunities both within and outside Sikkim. The Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1995. SMU is recognized by the University Grants Commission and approved by the Government of India. It is the first ever Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the country for higher Education and Health Care services. Sikkim Manipal University offers quality education to the students from North and North Eastern parts of India and latest health care facilities at affordable costs to the people of Sikkim. Since its inception, Sikkim Manipal University has crossed several miles stones.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- It is the first ever Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the country for higher Education and Health Care services
- SMIT is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a statutory body under Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has the distinction of prestigious accreditation for engineering disciplines by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). It also has ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
- SMIT has emerged as one of the top Private Engineering College in CSR-GHRDC rankings -2014 and is placed at the 7th position.
- A Center for Excellence in Remote Sensing & GIS has been established in Institute with the support of ISRO.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has excelled in research supported by 200+ faculty members. In one year more than 160 international research publication, 65 conference proceeding and large no. of research grants speak itself of the research ambiance in the Institute.
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Nanotechnology
- Digital Electronics & Communication
- Information Technology)
- Power Electronics)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 20000 books.
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
- In campus ATM, Medical care Inpatient treatment and OPD.
Faculty & staff:
The University is all set to expand its educational campus to new horizons highly qualified, competent and dedicated faculty members of Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology are committed to the task of ensuring that the students graduating from the University are well trained to meet the demanding challenges of their chosen profession in this competitive world. The University plays a significant role in contributing to the nation’s talent pool. Systematic teaching by the well experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base. Methods and principles of teaching are up to date with a lot of focus on practical, tutorials and class examinations. Extra classes are arranged based on needs, particularly, in Computer Science and IT areas under close guidance of teachers.
- Admissions in Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology is made through the Marks obtained in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi or SMIT special offline test.
- Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program. The requirement is Diploma in appropriate branch OR B Sc with Mathematics, with 60% marks.
- For 4 years B.Tech Engineering Program ₹ 2, 14,300 approx for first year and ₹ 2, 08,300 from second year onwards.
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) has produced excellent and dedicated professionals who have made their mark in all sectors thereby making SMIT as one of the sought after institute for the recruiters and the same is reflected in the placement performances over the years.Some of the top Recruiter of SMIT are as followed.
- ACC CEMENT
- JHUNSONS CHEMICAL PRIVATE LIMITED
- ADHUNIK GROUP
- APOLLO TYRE
- LARSEN & TURBO
- ASTHA TECH
- PANASONIC INDIA NOIDA
- PIPAVAV DEFENCE AND OFFSHORE ENGINEERING COMPANY LTD
- RELIANCE RETAILS
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- K SAMANTA
- SANKHYA INFOTECH LTD.
- SHRIRAM FINANCE
- SIEMENS LTD
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
Majitar, Rangpo, Pin – 737132, East Sikkim
Phone: 03592 – 246466, 246020
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com