Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, SMIT Sikkim
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology popularly known as SMIT Sikkim was born with the basic objective of strengthening the close link of education to the youth of Sikkim. The college aims to educate and giving the students the capacity to harness diverse opportunities both within and outside Sikkim.
The Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1995. SMIT Sikkim is recognized by the University Grants Commission and approved by the Government of India. It is the first ever Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the country for higher Education and Health Care services.
About SMIT Sikkim
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- It is the first ever Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the country for higher Education and Health Care services
- SMIT Sikkim is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a statutory body under Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has the distinction of prestigious accreditation for engineering disciplines by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- A Center for Excellence in Remote Sensing & GIS has been established in Institute with the support of ISRO.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has excelled in research supported by 200+ faculty members. In one year more than 160 international research publication, 65 conference proceeding, and large no. of research grants speak itself of the research ambiance in the Institute.
Courses Offered by Sikkim Manipal Institute of technology Sikkim:
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Nanotechnology
- Digital Electronics & Communication
- Information Technology)
- Power Electronics)
Facilities Available @ SMIT Sikkim:
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High-Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 20000 books.
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on the development of soft skills in addition to in-depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
- In campus ATM, Medical care Inpatient treatment, and OPD.
Faculty & staff:
The University is all set to expand its educational campus to new horizons with its highly qualified, competent and dedicated faculty members. The Faculties are committed to the task of ensuring that the students graduating from the University are well trained to meet the demanding challenges of their chosen profession in this competitive world. The University plays a significant role in contributing to the nation’s talent pool. Systematic teaching by the well-experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield the desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base.
Admission Process in SMIT Sikkim:
- Admissions in Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology is made through the Marks obtained in Manipal Engineering Entrance Examination (Manipal OET) conducted by Manipal University.
- Candidates scoring High in JEE Entrance Examination Conducted by CBSE are given special preference.
- Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program. The requirement is Diploma in appropriate branch OR B.Sc with Mathematics, with 60% marks.
Fee Structure of SMIT Sikkim:
For 4 years B.Tech Engineering Program
- First year: ₹ 2, 14,300 approx
- From second year onwards: ₹ 2, 08,300 approx
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim) has produced excellent and dedicated professionals who have made their mark in all sectors thereby making SMIT as one of the sought after institute for the recruiters and the same is reflected in the placement performances over the years.Some of the top Recruiter of SMIT are as followed.
- ACC CEMENT
- JHUNSONS CHEMICAL PRIVATE LIMITED
- ADHUNIK GROUP
- APOLLO TYRE
- LARSEN & TURBO
- ASTHA TECH
- PANASONIC INDIA NOIDA
- PIPAVAV DEFENCE AND OFFSHORE ENGINEERING COMPANY LTD
- RELIANCE RETAILS
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- K SAMANTA
- SANKHYA INFOTECH LTD.
- SHRIRAM FINANCE
- SIEMENS LTD
SMIT Sikkim College Ranking by Edufever:
- The college has ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
- SMIT Sikkim has emerged as one of the top Private Engineering College in CSR-GHRDC rankings -2014 and is placed at the 7th position.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology received 4 out of 5 stars in a survey of Best Engineering Colleges in Sikkim conducted by Edufever in 2016.
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
Majitar, Rangpo, Pin – 737132, East Sikkim
Phone: 03592 – 246466, 246020
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com