Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur popularly known as IEIT Durgapur was set up on 15th August’2008 under the overall management of Sanaka Educational Trust. IEIT management is deeply committed to gradually build the college as one of the best seats of Engineering and Management Education in Eastern India with domestic and global requirements in View.The College is affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal. In the year 2010, the institute was converted to an AICTE approved integrated campus and the name was subsequently changed to Sanaka Educational Trust Group of Institutions (SETGOI).The college, surrounded by a soft green Eco-friendly environment equipped with all modern facilities, well-qualified, expert & dedicated faculties, fully equipped laboratories and well-stocked library with modern reading room, which makes the aura of the college student friendly.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur is affiliated to WBUT and approved by AICTE and Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal
- The college also has an ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 100 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur offers 4 years engineering in the following branch of engineering.
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 10000 books.
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
- Health Center facility with attached Inpatient Ward at the Main Campus for all the students & employees.
Faculty & staff:
Being located in the industrial hub of West Bengal, Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur is fortunate enough to have a faculty with both corporate as well as academic exposures. Systematic teaching by the well experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base. Methods and principles of teaching are up to date with a lot of focus on practical, tutorials and class examinations. Extra classes are arranged based on needs, particularly, in Computer Science and IT areas under close guidance of teachers.
- Admissions in Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur is made through the Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program. Such seats are filled from JELET examination qualifiers
- For 4 years Engineering Program ₹ 6,24,950 approx (complete course)
Placement Record of Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur is good. Despite knowing the fact that arranging proper placement in today’s hard sell market is not an easy task, IEIT has deliberately kept Training & Placement as one of its three core-values. Following companies visit the campus giving the college a status of almost 90-100% placement assistance.
- Control Print Limited,
- Patton International Limited,
- Whiztech Labs,
- Shriram Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- Wavene Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Global Travel Experts Pvt. Ltd.
- Keeves Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Cosmos Inspire Foundation Pvt. Ltd.
- Cosmos Inspire Foundation Pvt. Ltd.
- ABS Electroplaters India
- Sak Abrasives Limited
- Diebold Systems India
- Diebold Systems Private Limited
Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur
Sanaka Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions
Vill & Post : Malandighi
P.S. : Kanksha, District : Burdwan
Durgapur, Pin : 713212
West Bengal, India
Phone No: 0343-2700085/86
FAX No : 0343-2700082