National Power Training Institute, Durgapur also known as NPTI Durgapur is one of the apex institutions of power training in entire eastern region. The institution was set up by the Government of India under the Ministry of Power, to function as the National Apex Body for Human Resources Development of Indian Power Sector. NPTI Durgapur is one of the nine Regional Institutes of NPTI established in 1968 by government of India. NPTI Durgapur is fully equipped with the latest state-of-the-art-training infrastructure and also expert faculty with long years of professional and teaching experience with adequate research and development exposure. Institute offers a large number of training programs for Power Engineers, Operators and Technicians in the areas of Thermal and Hydro Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution System and other related areas.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- NPTI (Eastern Region), Durgapur is one of the nine Regional Institutes of NPTI established in 1968.
- It serves as the National Apex Body for Human Resources Development of Indian Power Sector.
- NPTI Durgapur is well known for its quality of education and depth integrity towards its goal. The institute have both ISO: 9001:2008 and 14001:2004 certifications.
- NPTI Durgapur is a fully funded premier Institution of the Government of India and approved by UGC under Ministry Of Power.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 50 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- B.Tech in Power Engineering (4 year)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering (PGDC) (1 year)
- Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering (PDC) (1 year)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. Campus also has its own Guest House to facilitate staying of parents, researchers and visiting faculty.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Library with more than 14000 books and 15 journals.
- Highly equipped mechanical, Power and Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- College also provides Open learning center for students in which they may interact with some of the best available information’s on power engineering and other fields of interest.
Faculty & staff:
National Power Training Institute, Durgapur is one of its kinds in West Bengal and the apex center for power engineering in eastern region. In recent years institute has successfully surpassed many milestones and created an ambiance of academic excellence because of an array of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. Through Special Campus Programs like National/International seminars on Power engineering, the college is somehow feeding the growing needs of Power engineering. Faculties and staffs here are specially trained to monitor the students’ academic progress and personal development and at the same time address important issues like time management, peer pressure and career planning through inter personal relationship (IPR’S).
For admission in NPTI Durgapur, One must have to clear the WBJEE / AIEEE. Seat allotted through central/ state counseling.
B.Tech Program ₹ 48,100 for one year
Post Graduate Diploma Program ₹ 110,000 for one year
Placement of National Power Training Institute, Durgapur:
National Power Training Institute, Durgapur has a good placement record but it depends great on market. As power industry is a must require condition for a developing country, so in future it will surely emerge as the leader in Power Industry. But one thing is sure that the college has successfully instilled the students, the enthusiasm of the past as well as the impulse to reach beyond. With this academic excellence, the institute has expanded its horizons and now the students propel themselves to achieve great academic feats with a focus on innovation. Most of the reputed companies in power industry like ADANI power limited, CESC LIMITED etc visit the campus.
National Power Training Institute, Durgapur
Michael Faraday Street, City Centre,
Durgapur – 713216
West Bengal, India
Phone no: 0343-2547763, 2546887