National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
National Institute of Technology Sikkim popularly known as NIT Sikkim is a premier technical institute situated in the Indian state of Sikkim. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been declared as an Institute of National Importance by Government of India.
NIT Sikkim is an autonomous institute and functioning under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The institute has just been allotted land by the government and construction has begun. National Institute of Technology, Sikkim is one among the ten newly sanctioned National Institutes of Technology by the Government of India under the 11th Five year Plan, 2009.
About NIT Sikkim
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The National Institute of Technology Sikkim is a fully funded premier Technological Institution of the Government of India and approved by AICTE (UGC) under Ministry Of HRD.
- NIT Sikkim has signed the ABROAD LEARNING AGREEMENT with Centre for Information Services and High-Performance Computing (ZIH), TU Germany.
- IIT Guwahati / IIT Kharagpur and NIT Sikkim signed a MoU for research and development. The MoU provides various opportunities for the growing institute which includes placement drives, access to lab and library etc.
Courses Offered by NIT Sikkim:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- NIT Sikkim provides Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High-Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library assistance with IIT Kharagpur and IIT Guwahati.
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab assistance in collaboration with IIT-G and IIT Kharagpur for Scholar with high-speed internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on the development of soft skills in addition to in-depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
Faculty & staff in NIT Sikkim:
NIT Sikkim is all set to expand its educational campus to new horizons. Highly qualified, competent and dedicated faculty members of NIT are committed to the task of ensuring that the students graduating from the Campus are well trained to meet the demanding challenges of their chosen profession in this competitive world. The College plays a significant role in contributing to the nation’s talent pool. The academic programs of the institute are presently being conducted at its campus in Ravangla, South Sikkim. The place beholds a serene and calm environment which helps students to work more passionately towards their dreams and aspirations.
- Admissions in NIT Sikkim are made through the Marks obtained in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Students willing to take admission in various graduate and Postgraduate programs offered by NIT Sikkim are advised to participate in the central counseling organized by JEE Action Committee.
- To take admission in various postgraduate programs offered by NIT Sikkim GATE Score card is Mandatory.
Fee Structure of NIT Sikkim:
- For 4 years B.Tech Engineering Program ₹ 320000 complete course.
NIT Sikkim Cutoff
The first round Cutoff score for NIT Sikkim in 2015 are shown below. Students are advised to score high to assure the admission in National Institute of Technology Sikkim.
|National Institute of Technology Sikkim|
|Course Name||Category||Quota||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science Engineering||OP||HS||128854||278776|
|Computer Science Engineering||OP||OS||13338||17674|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||OP||HS||56018||487731|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||OP||OS||18258||22208|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||OP||HS||195960||716185|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||OP||OS||19218||23103|
|Computer Science Engineering||SC||HS||58853||58853|
|Computer Science Engineering||SC||OS||3721||4036|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||SC||OS||4888||5018|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||SC||HS||107553||107553|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||SC||OS||4082||4705|
|Computer Science Engineering||ST||HS||8248||8248|
|Computer Science Engineering||ST||OS||1633||1633|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||ST||HS||12147||12147|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||ST||OS||1807||2114|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||ST||OS||1552||1552|
|Computer Science Engineering||BC||HS||99425||259481|
|Computer Science Engineering||BC||OS||6120||7055|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||BC||HS||244130||259504|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||BC||OS||7342||7786|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||BC||OS||7615||7912|
The success rate in the placement section of NIT SIKKIM has been increasing rapidly. The college has a special MOU signed with IIT-G and IIT Kharagpur to assist students in the poll campus. Till date, there is 3 passed out batches where their placement details are here under:
- 2010 – 2014: 56%
- 2011 – 2015: 67%
- 2012 – 2016: 92%
These are the company In which The students from NIT Sikkim generally got Placement into.
- Burning Glass Technologies
- Kreeti Technologies
- L&T Constructions
- Intellect Design
- Robert Bosch
National Institute of Technology, NIT Sikkim
Barfung Block Ravangla Sub-Division
South Sikkim – 737 139
Phone : +91 8670364931
Fax: +91 03595 260042