National Institute of Technology, Manipur
NIT Manipur is the apex institution of engineering and higher studies in the north eastern state of Manipur. The college is fully funded by the government of India and was established as a center of excellence in technical education to combat the growing need of technological professionals in India as well as in the World. The college was started its first session with the three branches of Engineering-Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering but today from the Academic year 2013-14 two more branches in B.Tech courses are inducted viz Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. At present there is an intake of 150 students per year out of which 50% seats are reserved for the students from Manipur and the rest 50% seats are reserved for the students from the other states of India.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- NIT Manipur is a premier Technological Institution approved by AICTE (UGC) under Ministry Of HRD and run on fund provided by UGC.
- NIT Manipur has gone Global with the programs Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) from 2013-14.
- It is one of the best college in Manipur and ranked among Top 5 best engineering college in Northeast in a survey conducted by the Education Giant EDUFEVER.
- The campus Has Language Lab to improve the communication as well as writing skill particularly for the students of this Institute.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
|Mechanical Engineering||30||Mechanical Engineering||15|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60||Computer Science & Engineering||15|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||30||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||18|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. The college also has in campus guest house for the parents and faculty who visit the campus.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 10,000 books/ reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- The campus has State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank branch of ATM facilities, which will be operating from the Institute campus.
- To get Admission in B.Tech Programs candidates must have passed in the 10+2 Examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur or equivalent Board. 50% seats are reserved for the students from Manipur and the rest 50% seats are reserved for the students from the other states of India. The students have to qualify through JEE for getting admission in the institute
- Master Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute. Candidate with GATE score will be given Preference.
- For 4 Years Graduate programs (B.Tech) Rs 550700/- only (Complete Course)
- For 2 years Post Graduate programs (B.Tech) Rs 168600/- only (Complete Course)
After getting specialized degrees, the final aim of every student is merged to a single point of getting a good job with handsome salary. At NIT Manipur ought most care is given to realize the dreams and desires of its students and therefore they works every bit to create dynamic platforms for them. National Institute of Technology, Manipur has collaborated with many well known brand names of the country in its endeavors to get all its top ranked students placed in order to convert their dreams into relevant realities. Some of the Blue chip companies hiring the student of Manipur Institute of Technology are as follow.
- Carbon Software Solution
- HCL TSS
- KEC International
- L & T ECC
- L & T Infotech
- Power Grid Corporation Of India Ltd
- Rec Power Distribution Company Ltd.
- Sangai Information Pvt. Ltd.
National Institute of Technology, Manipur
Langol, Imphal-795004, Manipur
Phone: 0385/ 2058566