Mr. Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal (2005-2011), laid the foundation stone of New Horizons Institute of Technology also known as NHIT Durgapur, on 11th March 2007. The first academic session (2007-08) of NHIT commenced on the 16th of August with the hoisting of the National Flag and Salute to the Nation on the 15th of August 2007. Years have passed since then and during this period, the college have received a lot of co-operation from students and their parents .After the yearlong battle and hard dedication from of students, faculty members, and non-teaching staff, the college has reached to a position where 85% student’s of 1st pass out batch got job and got chance for higher education in B–Tech.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- NHIT Durgapur, is affiliated to WBSCTE and approved by AICTE.
- The college also has an ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- NHIT Durgapur, is the first Diploma College in Eastern India which operates in two shifts and it is the largest college in West Bengal in total number of student intake.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 100 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- NHIT Durgapur, has already become a Life Member of the Institution of Engineers (India) and an Institutional Member of the British Council Library and tie up with HCL.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
NHIT Durgapur, offers 3 years diploma in the following branch of engineering.
- Automobile Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 10000 books.
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab for Scholar with high speed internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill
- In campus ATM facility.
Faculty & staff:
Being located in the industrial hub of West Bengal, New Horizons Institute of Technology, Durgapur is fortunate enough to have a faculty with both corporate as well as academic exposures. Systematic teaching by the well experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base. Methods and principles of teaching are up to date with a lot of focus on practical, tutorials and class examinations. Extra classes are arranged based on needs, particularly, in Computer Science and IT areas under close guidance of teachers.
- To get admissions in New Horizons Institute of Technology, Durgapur candidate must have passed in Secondary Level Exam and Qualified in JEXPO Exam organized by WBSCTE. Students can also take admission directly in the 2nd year of Diploma Engineering by clearing VOCLET exam.
- For 3 years Diploma Engineering Program ₹ 35,000 approx (1st Semester)
Placement Record of New Horizons Institute of Technology, Durgapur is good. Despite knowing the fact that arranging proper placement in today’s hard sell market is not an easy task, NHIT has deliberately kept Training & Placement as one of its three core-values. Efforts are on to expose our first batch of graduate engineers in which 85% student’s got job and got chance for higher education in B–Tech. Students of NHIT have hit the opportunity even in blue chief companies like Pinnacle Infotech Solutions, Tech Mahindra, Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd, Polybond India Pvt Ltd, iGlobal Impact ITES Pvt. Ltd, TRACTORS INDIA LTD, HCL Service Ltd, L&T Construction, CMS, MK Roy & Brothers etc giving the college a status of almost 75-90% placement assistance.
New Horizons Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Phase-II,CityCenter, South G.T. Road,
Near Ghandhi More, Durgapur
Phone no: 0343-2542102 / 03 / 08
Mail: [email protected]