North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) is a science and technology-oriented higher education institute in Nirjuli, Itanagar, in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. The college was established in 1984, it is a deemed university, autonomous, fully funded and controlled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Government of India. The institute is managed by a Board of Management, comprising representatives of MHRD, the eight beneficiary states of the North Eastern region, AICTE and educationists. The state governor of Arunachal Pradesh is the de facto head of the highest body, NERIST Society, which consists of education ministers of all North Eastern States.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology is a deemed university, autonomous, fully funded and controlled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Government of India.
- NERIST received funds from World Bank under TEQIP II (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) for the improvement of the quality of education and Infrastructure design.
- The ET cell has been established as a project sponsored by the MHRD, Govt. of India with an objective to increase the effectiveness of teaching-learning process with the help of modern audio-visual equipment and Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 50 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
Degree courses (B.Tech):
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. The college also has in campus guest house for the parents and faculty who visit the campus.
- Auditorium with High-Resolution sound and video facilities for video conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 20,000 books & 80 Journals.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- In campus Indoor and outdoor Game Playgrounds.
- The eligibility criteria for admission in NERIST Itanagar is through NEET (NERIST entrance exam) conducted by the college itself every year.One must Have to pass 12th standard with a minimum of 45% marks in PCM.
- For 4 years B.Tech Courses of NERIST Itanagar is Rs 29000/-(Per Year, approx)
The Placement cell of NERIST Itanagar has become quite successful in attracting some of the leading blue chip companies of India and abroad.Students here got an average package of 3 lac and the maximum package is up to 11.2 lacs. Some of the most valued companies visiting the campus are as follow.
- KSK Energy Ventures Limited
- Reliance Power Ltd
- Gammon India Ltd
- WIPRO BPO
- Mountain Fall India
- Oil India
- YES Bank
- HCL Infinet
- HCL Infosystem
- Slash Support
- Indian Army
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST)
Nirjuli (Itanagar) – 791109
Arunachal Pradesh, India
Tel: +91 (0)360 2257401-08
Fax: +91 (0)360 2257872