NDA 2017 : Exam, Online Form, Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Date
NDA 2017: What comes to your mind when you think about perfectly dressed young lads loaded with tons of energy and charismatic personality..? Bingo..!! The Officers of the Armed force.
Every year The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Common written examination for the selection of the candidates in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy Courses (INAC). Shortlisted candidates from common written exams, therefore, go for the final interview & Psychology test to become one of the Officers in the Indian Armed Forces. This year Common written test will be held on 23rd April 2017 (Sunday), for the selection of the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 139th Course, and for the 101 Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd Jan 2018.
Eligibility for NDA-NA (I) 2017
To appear for the NDA-NA (I) 2017 one should have all these important eligibility criteria. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. Keep in mind that the conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
A candidate must either be
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(B) Age Limit, Sex and Marital Status for NDA 2017 Exam:
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1998 and not later than 1st July 2001 are eligible.
(C) Educational Qualifications:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy, one must have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy, the candidate must have passed in 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics.
(D) Physical Standards:
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2017
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
Things to keep in mind while applying for NDA 2017 Exam:
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be canceled.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
Number of Vacancies in NDA-NA (I) 2017
This year total number of vacancies in NDA and INAC are as follow.
- For National Defence Academy: 355 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 92 for Air Force).
- Naval Academy: 55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme).
NOTE: Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA).
Selection Procedure and Scheme of NDA 2017 Examination:
The Union Public Service Commission holds the prime responsibility of conducting and short listing the appearing candidates on the basis of their marks obtained in Common Written examination. After qualifying the written, candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board (SSB) for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in Pilot Aptitude Test and for Officers Potentiality. The selection in NDA 2017 can be widely categorized in three fields.
- Common written Examination.
- Interview and Psychology Test.
- Medical Fitness
(A) Common written test for NDA 2017:
The subject for common written exams will be math and General ability. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers of Mathematics and General Ability Test will be of bilingual in nature viz. Hindi and in English.
|Mathematics||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2 ½ Hours||600|
(A) Mathematics: Questions in mathematics will be of 10th level and will cover some of the basics like fraction, integers, profit & loss, Progression, Simple geometry etc.
(B) General Ability Test: General ability test will comprise the following
(i) English: Basic English like grammar, composition, word correction, verb, preposition etc.Paper will be of 200 marks.
(ii) General Knowledge: General knowledge part will be of Maximum 400 Marks. The paper will comprise of following.
- Physics: 100 marks.
- Chemistry: 60 marks.
- General Science: 40 marks.
- History, Freedom Movement: 80 marks.
- Geography: 80 marks.
- Current Events: 40 marks.
The penalty for wrong answers: When you are going for the NDA-NA examination, you should have to take ought most priority while filling up the answer. Keep in mind that there will be negative marking for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.Negative Marks for Incorrect Answer -0.83 for Maths, -1.33 for English, -1.33 for GK. Marks for each Correct Answer 2.5 for Maths, 4 for English, 4 for GK.
(B)Interview and Psychology Test: NDA 2017 Exam
Based on the marks obtained in the common written examination successful candidate will be asked to appear for the two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test at Service selection boards (SSB) introduced at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- All the candidates will be put to stage one test on the first day of reporting at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the original certificates along with one photocopy each of (I) original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
(c) Medical Test:
Shortlisted candidates from written exams and Psychology test will have to undergo a medical test under the supervision of medical officer at Medical centers to check the required medical fitness of the candidate.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy and Naval Academy should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination and (ii) Officer potentiality test, as fixed by the Commission in their discretion, and candidates for the Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination (ii) Officer potentiality test, and (iii) Pilot Aptitude Test as fixed by the Commission in their discretion.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions on how to fill up the form and other necessary credentials will be available on the above-mentioned website.
APPLICATION FEE for NDA 2017
Candidates (excepting female SC/ST/PH candidates/ Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified under the notification who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the commission.
Exam Centres for NDA-NA 2017 Written Examination.
Important dates of NDA-NA (I) 2017 Examination:
Written Exam Results will be declared on :
|Date of Notification:||18th January 2017|
|Commencement of submission of online application:||18th January 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications:||10th February 2017|
|Date of NDA-NA 2017 (I) Examination:||23rd April 2017 (Sunday)|
|Availability of e-Admit Cards:||3 Weeks before the commencement of Exam (tentative)
|July-Aug 2017 (tentative)|
|SSB Interview for the qualified candidates||Sep 2017 to Dec 2017 (tentative)|
|Commencement of INAC courses||02nd Jan 2018 (tentative)|
In case of any guidance or information regarding their applications, candidates can contact UPSC’s facilitation counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over,
Phone no: 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 (On working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hr)
Official Website: http://nda.nic.in/
Phone Number: 020-25290333/25291700