Millia Institute of Technology, Purnea
Millia Institute of Technology also known as MIT Purnea was established in the year 2002 under MET (Millia Educational Trust), with a mission to achieve the objective of becoming the best Institutions for higher studies in Bihar. The aim was to provide students a world-class set-up where they can pursue higher education, thus becoming professionals and eventually play their own role in transforming India into a powerhouse of intellectual capital that will drive and shape the future.
The programs and courses of MIT Purnea provide a unique opportunity to experience enriched learning and to achieve academic excellence to its students. MIT Purnea is an AICTE approved college having affiliation under B.N. Mandal University, Madhepura and Recognized by Government of Bihar.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The college is approved by MHRD and all of its course is Affiliated to AICTE, New Delhi
- MIT Purnea is affiliated to B.N. Mandal University, Madhepura and Recognized by Government of Bihar.
- Special Classes for GATE, IES for the undergraduate students and also placement assistance programs are available.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
(A) Undergraduate Courses:
|1.||Civil Engineering||4 Years||120|
|2.||Computer Science Engineering||4 Years||60|
|3.||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||120|
|4.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years||60|
|5.||Electrical Engineering||4 Years||60|
(B) Post Graduate Course:
|1.||Master in Business administration (MBA)||2 Years||60|
|2.||Master in Computer Applications (MCA)||2 Years||30|
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 20,000 books. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and electrical lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- The college also has a gymnasium and health center for its students and staff.
- For admission to any branch of Engineering, the candidate should have completed Class XII with minimum 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- 50% of total intake will be filled through Bihar Combined Entrance competitive Examination (BCECE), Patna, Bihar. Rest 50% of seats from the Management Quota.
- Candidate having valid score card of JEE Mains conducted by CBSE are also eligible to apply.
- For admission in MBA and MCA programs, one must have a valid degree in any discipline from a recognized university under UGC.
- For undergraduate B.Tech Programs: RS 65000/- (Per Year)
- Hostel Fees: RS 20000/- (Per semester)
MIT Purnea has an average placement service. Though the full-fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to get some of the top-notch companies for the campus placements but a vision of 100% placement is still is in the basket. The Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students and is also assisting training and internship programs to the students. Some of the Programs conducted by the college to assist students are as follows.
- Personality development
- Communication skill
- Career planning
- Development of entrepreneurship
College Review by Edufever:
MIT Purnea renders Technology Support Service in the areas of IT, Electronics, testing and quality assurance in India and abroad and hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are highly trained; infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add flying colors to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 on its rating scale.
Millia Institute of Technology
Rambagh, Purnea – 854 301 Bihar (India)
1 K.M. From Purnea Railway Junction.
Phone: 06454 – 240433 / 240434