Manipur Institute of Technology, MIT Manipur
Manipur Institute of Technology (formerly known as Government College of Technology) popularly known as MIT Manipur is an engineering College in Manipur and is being maintained by the Manipur University out of the funds made available to it by the UGC. The college came into existence as Government College of Technology(GCT) on 28 August 1998 with 3 (three) engineering disciplines, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Civil Engineering for the promotion of higher technical education in the north-eastern state of Manipur. Today College serves as an Apex Institution for the higher studies in the field of technology.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The Manipur Institute of Technology, Manipur is a premier Technological Institution approved by AICTE (UGC) under Ministry Of HRD.
- The campus Has Language Lab to improve the communication as well as writing skill particularly for the students of this Institute.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||25|
|B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||45|
|B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering)||45|
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. The college also has in campus guest house for the parents and faculty who visit the campus.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 10,000 books/ reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- To get Admission in MIT Manipur the candidates must have passed in the 10+2 Examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur or an examination recognized by Manipur University or its equivalent with at least 50% aggregated marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For SC/ST candidates there will be a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate of the subject mentioned above in a single sitting without any grace marks.
- For 4 Years Graduate programmes (B.E) Rs 210000/- (Approx) for whole syllabus.
After getting specialized degrees, the final aim of every student is merged to a single point of getting a good job with handsome salary. At MIT Manipur ought most care is given to realise the dreams and desires of its students and therefore they works every bit to create dynamic platforms for them. Recently Manipur Institute of Technology has collaborated with many well known brand names of the country in its endeavours to get all its top ranked students placed in order to convert their dreams into relevant realities. Some of the Blue chip companies hiring the student of Manipur Institute of Technology are as follow.
- Pradhan mantri gram Sadak Yojna
- State bank of India
- Indian army
- Manipur state power company limited
Manipur Institute of Technology (MIT Manipur)
(A Constituent College of Manipur University)
Takyelpat, Imphal – 795001,
Manipur , India