Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology, Neora, Patna popularly known as MACET Patna was established by Millat Education Society,Patna in 1987. Since then it is famed as one of the most prestigious Minority Engineering College of Bihar. The college is the oldest private Engineering College of Bihar.
The Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology was set up to tackle the rapid technological growth and changes taking place in the industry and also to uplift the Minorities in the state of Bihar. The college has a sprawling campus and state-of-the-art laboratories. The College is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- MACET Patna is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
- Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology is the oldest private Engineering College of Bihar and also one of the most famous Minority Institution in the state of Bihar.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 20,000 books. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and Electrical lab with latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- MACET Patna also has a gymnasium and health center for its students and staff.
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocation subject.
- Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
- The College runs its own Entrance test to take admission in its Undergraduate programs.
- To take admission in B.Tech 2nd year using Lateral Entry Scheme one must have Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved Institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.
- For undergraduate B.Tech Programs: RS 70000/- (Per Year)
- Hostel Fees: RS 20000/-
MACET Patna has an average placement service. Though the full fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to get some of the top notch companies for the campus placements but a vision of 100% placement is still is in basket. The Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students and is also assisting training and internship programs to the students. Some of the Programs conducted by college to assist students are as follows.
- Personality development
- Communication skill
- Leadership/team work
- Career planning
- Development of entrepreneurship
Some of the Top Notch companies visiting the campus are as follow.
AMERICAN TOWER CORPORATION
- MODERN POLYURETHANE TECH
- MI BUILDERS
College Review by Edufever:
Maulana Azad College of Engineering & Technology, Patna renders Technology Support Service in the areas of IT, Electronics, testing and quality assurance in India and abroad and hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are highly trained; infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add flying colors to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 in its rating scale.
Maulana Azad College of Engineering & Technology
Gorhna, P.O: Neora, Dist: Patna,
Pin: 801113, Bihar, India