The ICFAI Tripura University was established in 2004 through an Act of State Legislature. The University has been approved by the University Grants Commission. The Distance Education Council (DEC) has approved the programs of the ICFAI University, Tripura. The University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London, the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and the Federation of Universities, India. The University believes in creating and disseminating knowledge and skills in core and frontier areas through innovative educational programs, research, consulting and publishing, and developing a new cadre of citizens with a high level of competence and deep sense of ethics and commitment to the code of professional conduct.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The University has been approved by the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council (DEC) has approved the programs of the ICFAI Tripura.
- The University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London, the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and the Federation of Universities, India.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 50 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
Degree courses (B.Tech):
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 100000 books.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
- In campus Indoor and outdoor Game Playgrounds.
- Admissions in ICFAI University, Tripura is made through Tripura Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) conducted by the Tripura Joint Entrance Examinations Board and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- To get admission through lateral Entry one must have pass in 3-years diploma course in respective branch of engineering with at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC) marks in aggregate. Final year students awaiting results can also apply. Students will be admitted directly into 2nd year of B.Tech Program. Students in their final year of Diploma may also apply.
Fees of 4 year B.Tech Program (Complete Course)
- For Domicile of Tripura Rs 2, 52,000/-
- For Outside of Tripura Rs 3, 15,000/-
Over the past several years, ICFAI University, Tripura has successfully managed to build a strong placement network with blue-chip companies in the manufacturing, engineering, financial services, information technology, and other sectors. A number of national and multinational companies have recruited the students through campus recruitment. This has been achieved through constant interaction with the industry by way of seminars, internship courses conducted in industries, research projects, and on and off-campus initiatives. Some of the companies listed with ICFAI placement cell are as follow.
- Apollo Tyres
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Birla Sun Life Insurance
- Cell Works Inc
- CINT Consultancy
- Cognizant Technologies
- Crompton Greaves
- Endeavour Software
- Fourth Dimension Technologies
- Godrej Infotech
- HCL Technologies
- Hughes Telecom
- IBM India
- ICICI Prudential
- Indian Air Force
- Infinite Telesolutions
- i-Solutions India
- IWC / Nokia
- Kals Information
- L&T Infotech
- Magna Infotech
ICFAI University, Tripura
West Tripura -799210, India.
Fax No.: 0381 – 2865754
Email: [email protected]