Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda,West Bengal was established in 2010 by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India under the mentorship of National Institute of Technology, Durgapur and in the memory of Sri A.B.A. Ghani Khan Choudhury who had contributed immensely to societal development of the region. The Institute is located at Malda, West Bengal with the bordering districts of Bihar, Jharkhand and North Eastern states. GKCIET, Malda was established with the objective to create a multi-layered inter disciplinary and inter-sectorial efficient professional technical manpower to act as an international podium for the development and transfer of technical competence in academics. The institute is temporarily located at Power Grid Corporation’s Training Institute, Malda and the permanent location ( Narayanpur, Malda, sprawling area of 101 acres of land) is under development process.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology Malda is affiliated to Visva Bharati, Santinikaten and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Academic integrity and as well as accountability.
- A spirit of rationality.
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care .
- State-of-the-art auditorium with high-end equipment for sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Provides faculty and students with bus services from all parts of the city to the Institute.
- Large playing fields and dedicated spaces for Indoor sport.
- Computers with dedicated internet connectivity and 24X7 hrs power supply, both in college and hostel.
Faculty & staff:
@ Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda, an array of highly qualified and experienced faculty members and special campus programmes ensure students a healthy learning environment. Faculties and staffs here are specially trained to monitor the students’ academic progress and personal development and at the same time address important issues like time management, peer pressure and career planning through inter personal relationship (IPR’S).
50 % of total sanctioned strength will be filled up through Vertical Mobility Scheme of the Institute by promotion of the Diploma Module based on combined merit of entrance test and their score in the diploma programme. The merit of such candidates shall be based on 50% weightage of their score in the special entrance test designed for them and 50% weightage of their score in the qualifying Diploma Programme.
Admission to the Degree Programmes for the remaining 50% seats shall be based on the GKCIET Entrance Test (GET) conducted throughout the Country for direct entry of the Diploma Holders of other Institutes/Boards for three (3) years B. Tech.
Rs 15000/- per year
Placement of IMPS College of Engineering and Technology, Malda:
Placement Record of Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda,is not registered yet and the placement cell is quite busy to attract some of the top recruiters but athis institution has a bright future ahead as government is planning to make it as an autonomous body under National institute of technology(NIT).
Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology (GKCIET)
TTC Campus, Near Malda Polytechnic College
Maliha,Malda ,West Bengal
Phone: 03512 268455 / 268780
Fax: 03512 268780
Email: [email protected]