Situated on the place of Lord Mahatma Buddha, Gaya College of Engineering also know as GCE Gaya is one of the fastest growing technical institutions in the whole of Bihar. It is a fully funded Government Engineering College being managed by Govt. of Bihar under administrative control of Department of Science and Technology, Government of Bihar. The college is AICTE approved and is affiliated to the Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna.
Gaya College of Engineering was formerly named as Magadh Engineering College (MEC) from 1980 to 1994; now it is a public institute under name Gaya College of Engineering (GCE). Right from its establishment, the college is dedicated to the objectives of creating highly trained professional manpower in various disciplines of Engineering, Technology and Social Science.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- GCE Gaya is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna
- Gaya College of Engineering is under administrative control of department of science and technology and wholly funded by Government of Bihar.
- The entire course offered by GCE Gaya is affiliated by AICTE and approved by MHRD.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
Undergraduate Programs (B.Tech)
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 15,000 books. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and Electrical lab under the supervision of qualified lab assistants.
- To get admission in GCE Gaya four years engineering course, one have to get through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (B.C.E.C.E.) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
- For Undergraduate course (B.Tech Programs): Rs 38000/- (approx) per year
- Hostel charge: Rs 15000/-(Fooding+ lodging) approx per year
Gaya College of Engineering has an average placement service. Though the full fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to get some of the top notch companies for the campus placements but a vision of 100% placement is still is in basket. The Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students and is also assisting training and internship programs to the students.
College Review by Edufever:
Gaya College of Engineering renders Technology Support and Service in the areas IT processing/testing and quality assurance in India hence making all of its courses good. Faculties are highly trained and also infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add colours to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 in its rating scale.
GAYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Srikrishna Nagar, P.O.-Nagriama,
Pin-823003, Gaya, Bihar
Phone: +91 9472 3084 31
Email: [email protected]