Dr BC Roy Engineering College, Durgapur popularly known as BCREC, was set up on 21st August, 2000, under the management of Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College Society. Born of a vision of a group of Durgapur based philanthropic entrepreneurs, the institute is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, the architect of modern West Bengal and BCREC management is deeply committed to gradually build the college as one of the best seats of Engineering and Management Education in Eastern India with domestic and global requirements in view. The Institute is approved by AICTE and courses are affiliated to WBUT. The college, surrounded by a soft green eco-friendly environment equipped with all modern facilities, well-qualified, expert & dedicated faculties, fully equipped laboratories and well-stocked library with modern reading room, which makes the aura of the college student friendly.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- Dr BC Roy Engineering College, Durgapur is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) and approved by AICTE.
- The college also has an NBA accreditation.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 100 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- One of the First 50 Colleges in India to get the facility of BCREC – ISRO – WBUT e-learning Programme (EDUSAT).
- Facility for Direct e-learning with US Ivy League Universities, AMRITA Vidyapeetham, ISRO, DST and some of the business giants like MICROSOFT, QUALCOMM, CADENCE to Fund for.
- Institutional membership of British Council to promote soft skills. Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counseling by trained personnel.
Undergraduate course: Intake
- Information Technology 60
- Computer Science & Engineering 120
- Electronics & Communication Engineering 120
- Electrical Engineering 120
- Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 60
- Mechanical Engineering 120
- Civil Engineering 120
Post graduated course: Intake
- Tech (Modern Communication Engg.) 18
- Tech (Power System Engg.) 18
- Tech (Computer Systems & Tech.) 18
- Tech (Mechanical Engineering) 18
Other course: Intake
- B.B.A 60
- B.C.A 60
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. Campus also has its own Guest House to facilitate staying of parents, researchers and visiting faculty.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 15000 books. Apart from that college also has its own Fully equipped language lab (in collaboration with IIT, Kharagpur).
- Highly equipped Mechanical, Electronics and Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- College also provide Open learning centers and EDUSAT for students in which they may interact with some of the best available information’s on different fields of engineering.
- In Campus ATM & Banking facility.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill
Faculty & staff:
Being located in the industrial hub of West Bengal, Dr BC Roy Engineering College, Durgapur is fortunate enough to have a faculty with both corporate as well as academic exposures. Systematic teaching by the well experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base. Methods and principles of teaching are up to date with a lot of weightage on practical, tutorials and class examinations. Extra classes are arranged based on needs, particularly, in Computer Science and IT areas under close guidance of teachers. Faculties and staffs here are specially trained to monitor the students’ academic progress and personal development and at the same time address important issues like time management, peer pressure and career planning through inter personal relationship (IPR’S).
- Admissions in Dr BC Roy Engineering College, Durgapur is made through the Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program. Such seats are filled from JELET examination qualifiers.
- B.Tech Program ₹ 340000 approx (Complete course)
Placement Record of Dr BC Roy Engineering College, Durgapur is good. Despite knowing the fact that arranging proper placement in today’s hard sell market is not an easy task, BCREC has deliberately kept Training & Placement as one of its three core-values. Efforts are on to expose our first batch of graduate engineers, passing out in mid June, 2004 to as many employers as possible and results are encouraging. Quite a few of our students have hit the opportunity even in blue chief companies like Infosys, Wipro, Godrej, L&T, Microsoft, Bosch, Huawei, Syntel, Piaggio etc giving the college a status of almost 75-90% placement assistance.
Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
College Campus/Corporate Office
Jemua Road, Fuljhore
Durgapur – 713206
Phone No.- 0343- 250-1353/ 2449 / 3985 / 3360 / 4224 / 4106
Fax No.- 0343- 2504059 / 2503424
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org