Right from the Pre independence era coochbehar is known for its Famous Rajbari. The land is an important transport and educational hub for the people of north Bengal. The coochbehar government Engineering College was established with an aim of imparting quality technical education for the development of students of north Bengal, who will fulfil the needs of the industry/society and be actively engaged in making a successful career in industry/research/higher education in India & abroad. The Institute has a sprawling campus surrounded by lush green gardens and river Torsha making it a premier abode of knowledge sharing.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- Coochbehar Government Engineering College, is affiliated to West Bengal University Technology (WBUT) and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Academic integrity and as well as accountability.
- A spirit of rationality.
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Computer Science & engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Provides faculty and students with bus services from all parts of the city to the Institute.
- Large playing fields and dedicated spaces for Indoor sport.
- Computers with dedicated Internet connectivity and 24X7 hrs power supply, both in college and hostel.
Faculty & staff:
@ Coochbehar Government Engineering College, an array of highly qualified and experienced faculty members and special campus programs ensure students a healthy learning environment. Faculties and staffs here are specially trained to monitor the students’ academic progress and personal development and at the same time address important issues like time management, peer pressure and career planning through inter personal relationship (IPR’S).
Admission in Coochbehar Government Engineering College, Coochbehar is done through the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Examination Admissions Board (WBJEEB).
Lateral admissions for Polytechnic candidates are done through the Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), also conducted by WBJEEB.
- Rs. 12,420/- for CSE & ECE
- Rs. 8,920/- For CE, ME & EE per year
Placement of Coochbehar Government Engineering College:
Placement Record of Coochbehar Government Engineering College is not registered yet and the placement cell is quite busy to attract some of the top recruiters but this institution has a bright future ahead as it is the only engineering college in coochbehar district.
Coochbehar Government Engineering College
Phone no: 03582- 233-044/041