Siliguri institute of technology (SIT Siliguri) was established in the year 1999 to impart quality technical education for the development of students of north Bengal, who will fulfill the needs of the industry/society and be actively engaged in making a successful career in industry/research/higher education in India & abroad. Siliguri Institute of Technology (SIT) is an IT based institution running under the vision of Techno India Group and is only one of its kinds in North Bengal and Sikkim. The Institute has a sprawling campus surrounded by lush green tea gardens, dense forests with a backdrop of Sub-Himalayan ranges making it a premier abode of knowledge sharing.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- SIT Siliguri is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE),
- Academic integrity and as well as accountability.
- A spirit of rationality.
- Strong research orientation and culture based foundation.
- From couple of years SIT has emerged out to be the best private engineering college of North Bengal and Sikkim with almost 90-100% of placement assistance.
(A) Under Graduate Courses:
- B. TECH in Electrical Engineering
- B. TECH in Civil Engineering
- B. TECH in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B. TECH in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B. TECH in Computer Science & Engineering
- B. TECH in Information Technology
- HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND CATERING TECHNOLOGY (HMCT)
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA)
- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION (BCA)
- BACHELOR IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (BHM)
(B) Post Graduate Courses:
- MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY IN ECE (M.TECH in ECE)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
- MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION (MCA)
- Hostel Facilities for boys and Girls
- Student Welfare Cell
- Internet Facility
- Transport Facility
- Conference Hall
- Banking Facility
- Medical Facility
Faculty & staff:
SIT Siliguri offers admission with an intake capacity of 1500+ numbers of students. The college provides good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. SIT, Siliguri also provide sufficient numbers of technical and non-technical staffs to provide an ambiance of self learning to the students.
- Admissions in SIT Siliguri are made as per the directive of the State Government issued from year to year. 80% of the seats are filled up through Central Counseling from the candidates who have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination , West Bengal, or any equivalent examination of recognized Board or University and qualified in the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations( WBJEE).
- Remaining 10% seats are filled up also through Central Counseling from the candidates of All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). There is a provision of 10% of WBJEE seats to be filled up through Management Quota.
- Diploma holders in Engineering/Technology and B.Sc. Degree holders are also eligible for admission into the third semester (2nd year) of B.Tech courses on qualifying an Entrance Test call JELET.
Placement Record of Siliguri Institute of Technology (SIT Siliguri):
Placement record of SIT is now became the talk of the town. Every year a number of students from Under graduate and Post graduate program from SIT are being hired by some of the top recruiters like TCS, ACCOLITE, INTEL CORP, ROBERT BOSCH, TATA Communication, Videocon, YODLEE, WIPRO, LINDE Group, ERICSSON, ITC, BHARTI AIRTEL, SIMPLEX Infrastructure, NCR CORP and many more…