Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Durgapur, was set up under the aegis of SKS Educational and Social Trust in 2001 with an objective of imparting quality education in Engineering/Technology and Management for the upliftment of the society and the masses. The college offers a host of under graduate and post graduate degree courses in different branches of engineering and management. Today, its infrastructure includes contemporary classrooms, well equipped labs, and separate facilitated hostels for boys and girls, to name a few. Many high profile Ministers and dignitaries have visited and praised the college campus and its infrastructure.
Affiliations, Reorganization, and other Achievement:
- Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) and approved by AICTE.
- The college is also certified by ISO: 9001:2008 certifications.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 50 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Academic integrity and as well as accountability.
- A spirit of rationality.
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Computer Science & engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical engineering (ME)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- B.Tech in Bio-Technology
Post Graduate course
MBA, MCA ,M.tech (CSE,ECE, Bio-Tech)
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care. Campus also has its own Guest House to facilitate staying of parents, researchers and visiting faculty.
- Auditorium with sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Provides faculty and students with bus services from all parts of the city to the Institute.
- Large playing fields and dedicated spaces for Indoor sport.
- Computers with dedicated internet connectivity and 24X7 hrs power supply, both in college and hostel.
- In campus Banking Facility (Punjab National Bank), Spiritual centre and gymnasium.
Faculty & staff:
@ Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Durgapur, an array of highly qualified and experienced faculty members and special campus programs ensure students a healthy learning environment. Faculties and staffs here are specially trained to monitor the students’ academic progress and personal development and at the same time address important issues like time management, peer pressure and career planning through inter personal relationship (IPR’S).
Admissions in Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Durgapur, are made through the Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program is limited to a maximum 20% of the sanctioned intake in each discipline. Such seats are filled from JELET examination qualifiers.
- B.Tech Program Rs 56,750/- For first semester (Approx)
- MBA program Rs 72,000/- For first semester (Approx)
Placement of Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur:
Placement Record of Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Durgapur, is very good and the placement cell is quite successful to attract some of the top recruiters in the campus which makes the college a good one to opt for. Companies like Tata Consultancy Services, EPCOS India Pvt. Ltd, India Home Plus, Shoppers Stop, TCS Ignite, SAP Labs, Unisys, Wipro Ltd. Tech Mahindra, Berger Paints (I) Pvt, Concierge Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Innofied Solutions Pvt. Ltd, E.Tech Global Services, Wipro Ltd, Infosys Technologies, Good through Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd etc has recently visited the campus giving the college a status of 100% placement assistance.