Bhagalpur College of Engineering also known as BCE Bhagalpur was set up by the Department Of Science and Technology, Government of Bihar in the year 1960. The idea was to provide efficient system of technical education in the state of Bihar. Earlier, the college had an affiliation under Tilkamanjhi Bhagalpur University (TMBU) Bhagalpur, BIHAR which was later passed on to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna.
BCE is administered by the Department of Science and Technology under the guidance of the government of Bihar. About 5000 Alumni, contributing to the cause of science and technology in India and abroad in many important capacities, speak of the glorious tradition of B.C.E Bhagalpur.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- BCE Bhagalpur is under administrative control of department of science and technology and wholly funded by Government of Bihar.
- The entire course offered by BCE Bhagalpur is affiliated by AICTE and approved by MHRD.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 30 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
Undergraduate Programs (B.Tech)
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 50,000. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and Electrical lab under the supervision of qualified lab assistants.
- To get admission in BCE Bhagalpur four years engineering course, one have to get through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (B.C.E.C.E.) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. Candidate qualifying JEE mains are also eligible to apply for the courses.
- For Undergraduate course (B.Tech Programs): Rs 40000/- (approx) per year
- Hostel charge: Rs 18000/-(Fooding+ lodging) approx per year
BCE Bhagalpur has an average placement service. Though the full fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to get some of the top notch companies for the campus placements but a vision of 100% placement is still is in basket. The Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students and is also assisting training and internship programs to the students. Till now around 65 to 75% of students are eligible to get a job. The average package is about 2.5 lacs.
College Review by Edufever:
BCE Bhagalpur renders Technology Support and Service in the areas IT processing/testing and quality assurance in India and abroad hence making all of its courses good. Faculties are highly trained and also infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add colours to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 in its rating scale.
BHAGALPUR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
P.O.: Sabour, Bhagalpur-813210,
Email: [email protected]