College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology, Sikkim
CAEPHT (College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology) is the only agricultural engineering college in Sikkim located in Ranipool, Gangtok (Sikkim), is one of the seven constituent colleges of the only Central Agricultural University (CAU) in India, funded by the Government of India through the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE). This college is considered among the top three colleges under the UGC-ICAR system. It imparts education, research and extension in the field of agricultural engineering. It aims to provide qualified technical human resource in agricultural and food process engineering to the public and industrial sector of northeast India through its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- CAEPHT agricultural engineering college is affiliated to CAU, ICAR and Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Academic integrity and as well as state– of – the art classrooms, laboratories and almost 50 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counsellings by trained personnel.
- Regular drive and awareness programmes with the help of local NGO/SHG on Food security and Modern Agricultural practice.
- B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering
- B.Tech in Food Process Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Auditorium with High Resolution sound and video facilities for video-conferencing and live media streaming.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 100000 books.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- Stress on development of soft skills in addition to in depth knowledge in hard skill areas. Use of language lab to improve communication skill.
Faculty & staff:
CAEPHT agricultural engineering College, Sikkim plays a significant role in contributing to the nation’s talent pool. Systematic teaching by the well experienced faculty and intimate teacher-student inter-action should yield desired result at the university examinations not to speak of enrichment of knowledge base. Methods and principles of teaching are up to date with a lot of focus on practical, tutorials and class examinations. The place beholds a serene and calm environment which helps students to work more passionately towards their dreams and aspirations. There after the institute has been providing a lot of facilities to all its branches to produce students rich in both quantitative and qualitative knowledge.
- Admissions in College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology (CAEPHT), are made through the Marks obtained in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Concerned states of NE Region nominate the candidates based on their state level Joint Entrance/Common Entrance Examinations as per the seats allotted to each state. Seat allotted to ICAR are filled by All India Entrance Test conducted by ICAR.
The CAEPHT agricultural engineering College, Sikkim conducts teaching, research and extension education activities on subjects related to engineering properties of biological materials, qualities of food products, operations and equipment for processing, preservation, storage, value addition, material handling, packaging, dairy engineering, structures etc which gives its student a self belief of directly contributing to the mainstream of the society. Apart from that training and placement cell of the College is providing campus drive and poll campus placement for its student making this college a good choice to opt for in the field of Agricultural engineering and Food security.
College of Agricultural Engineering Post-Harvest Technology (CAEPHT)
Ranipool, Gangtok – 737 135, Sikkim (India)
Phone: 03592 – 251359 / 03592 – 251390